Brand Marketing Manager
Location: New York City
Who We Are: Banza reimagines your favorite comfort foods, like pasta, pizza, mac & cheese and rice, using chickpeas. Why? Because we know chickpeas aren’t just delicious, they’re also one of the most nutritious and sustainable foods. Yet 80% of the country isn’t eating enough of them. Our mission is to inspire people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, making a positive impact on human health and the environment. Banza is the fastest-growing pasta brand in the country, and our products are available in over 21,000 stores nationwide. We’ve been named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of the Year, Adweek’s Best Food Brand, and are proud to have fans at Good Morning America, The New York Times, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, and more.
Your Mission: As Banza’s Senior Brand Marketing Associate*, you’ll assist with bringing the visual identity of the brand to life across channels like packaging, swag, and other branded assets, while ensuring customers and fans have a delightful experience with Banza.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously lead creative ideation and copywriting for ongoing marketing campaigns and touchpoints such as back of packaging copy, influencer kits, and other consumer-facing marketing materials.
- Play a critical role in our creative packaging strategy to ensure our packaging jumps off the shelves amongst the competitive set for all product lines. Suggest optimizations to achieve that
- Oversee the end-to-end packaging process across several product lines
- Art direct photoshoots, contracting photographers, food stylists, prop stylists, etc. and lead production and execution both on set and in post production
- Manage the agency through website design & implementation, making proactive, ongoing recommendations and changes
- Consistently track & optimize the visual identity of the brand across ecommerce listings & ads
- Own the design process for all swag needs, supporting trade shows, consumer events, and social merch drops
- Design marketing assets including emails, display banners, website & e-comm assets, and sales materials
Who you are:
- You have about 5 years of experience in roles involving creative marketing, packaging, and project management*
- You have design experience and are deeply familiar with Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- You have experience managing timelines and are able to organize information into plans
- You’ve led photoshoots and are comfortable briefing and leading external designers, photographers, and other creative partners to get the outcome you need
- You have a passion for food and the sub-culture around it
- You have a roll-up your sleeves attitude and are excited about jumping into new projects
- You would describe yourself as equal parts creative visionary and organizational mastermind
- You write, speak, and engage with clarity and humor
- You can go into our midtown office once a week
*We are open to hiring someone at a manager level for this role if they have significant previous experience with strategic packaging design and/or art direction
We're aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Do you hesitate to submit an application because you believe you need to check every box? Please apply anyway with a thoughtful cover letter! We would love to hear from you to discuss how you can help us build a great team at Banza.
Our Commitment: Banza is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To achieve our mission of inspiring people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, we greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which comes from diversity of all types, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do and the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with all abilities, people of color, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Banza is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Banza will consider qualified applicants including those with criminal histories consistent with legal requirements.
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
Our salary ranges are based on verified market data and our philosophy of paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to base salary, full-time team members receive equity in the company, medical, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare, free Banza products, and monthly stipends for fitness, internet, and cell phones.
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. The salary range for this role is $80,000 - $90,000. The range is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
To Apply: Write a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and would be an excellent fit for this role, and then apply directly to this posting. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.