Quality Assurance Manager
Virginia Park Foods is the premier private label and contract manufacturer of gluten-free pasta in the United States. Virginia Park Foods is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Virginia Park Foods will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- With the Director of Food Quality and Safety, oversee Virginia Park’s food safety and quality programs.
- Provide leadership across all FSQA programs, promoting a culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and lead plant actions to address audit findings.
- Analyze data and report on quality KPIs and improvement opportunities.
- Create and maintain FSQA programs to ensure compliance with regulatory, audit, and customer requirements.
- Interface with third-party certification bodies and maintain standards for certifications (gluten-free, non-GMO, kosher, SQF, etc.)
- Perform duties as required under SQF program as an SQF practitioner.
- Lead investigations into deviations and consumer complaints, using root cause analysis to identify necessary corrective and preventive actions.
- Coach and develop quality team, setting expectations, and providing clear objectives to continuously improve product quality.
- Update and develop SOPs to support the company’s food safety & quality systems.
- Educate and train staff in standards, processes, and skills fundamental to quality.
- Develop and evaluate effectiveness of quality sampling, testing, analysis, and reporting.
- Work cross functionally with other departments on continuous improvement projects
- BA/BS with professional experience in food and/or CPG quality and food safety
- HACCP, PCQI and GMP trained.
- SQF Practitioner
- Experience working with SQF or other GFSI audit schemes.
- Working knowledge of food testing protocols, methodologies, and microbiological issues in food
- Self-motivated and diligent
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to as a change agent who can build positive relationships, collaborate across functions, and help shape strategy.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- The salary range for this role is $85,000- $115,000.