Regional Sales Manager
Who We Are: Banza reimagines your favorite comfort foods, like pasta, pizza, mac & cheese and rice, using chickpeas. Why? Because we know chickpeas aren’t just delicious, they’re also one of the most nutritious and sustainable foods. Yet 80% of the country isn’t eating enough of them. Our mission is to inspire people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, making a positive impact on human health and the environment. Banza is the fastest-growing pasta brand in the country, and our products are available in over 21,000 stores nationwide. We’ve been named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of the Year, Adweek’s Best Food Brand, and are proud to have fans at Good Morning America, The New York Times, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, and more.
Your Mission: Banza’s growth is the result of an incredible team of people who understand the needs of both the consumer and of our retail customers. As we move forward as the #1 BFY pasta brand and expand to other categories, there are hundreds of opportunities for growth! Our most successful team members are self-motivated strategic thinkers who are comfortable taking an unconventional approach, love to manage a wide range of accounts, and are great story-tellers that can intertwine the Banza Mission with Category Insights to take us to the next level. If you’re excited about the prospect of rapid growth for the company and yourself, then Banza is the place to be! You’ll have a significant voice in how we advance our mission and build our business across pasta, pizza, mac & cheese, and waffles.
What You’ll Do:
- Own sales targets with Banza customers, including growing your own accounts and supporting the team on key accounts
- Use your analytical skills to identify opportunities and share impactful sales stories with our customers
- Build winning relationships with the retailers and distributor teams to ensure top notch execution and continued growth
- Proactively identify areas for improvement or new opportunities among your customers, and take action across distribution, price optimization, product placement, and promotional effectiveness
- Design and execute promotional plans that drive baseline growth and ROI
- Work alongside Category Management and Brand Management teams to create a smart, holistic strategy for Banza and your customers
- Participate in strategic annual business planning and provide regular updates on the state of your business
- Represent Banza at retail meetings and industry conferences
Who You Are:
- BA/BS with 3-5+ years of progressive experience working in sales/account management within the natural and/or conventional grocery channels
- Strong planning and customer management skills, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to juggle many projects and inputs and prioritize what matters most to the business
- Experience with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, SPINS, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of food retail environment/practices and ability to translate this into winning partnerships with retailers
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable, and proactive in a constantly changing industry and company
- Self-starter that thrives in fast paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time as needed during peak times with Key Accounts
- Must love Banza!
To Apply: Write a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and why you would be an excellent fit for this role (yes, we actually read every cover letter!) and then apply directly to this posting. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Do you hesitate to submit an application because you believe you need to check every box? Please apply anyway with a thoughtful cover letter! We would love to hear from you to discuss how you can help us build a great team at Banza.
Our Commitment: Banza is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To achieve our mission of inspiring people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, we greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which comes from diversity of all types, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do and the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with all abilities, people of color, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Banza is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Banza will consider qualified applicants including those with criminal histories consistent with legal requirements.
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
Our salary ranges are based on verified market data and our philosophy of paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to base salary, full-time team members receive equity in the company, medical, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare, free Banza products, and monthly stipends for fitness, internet, and cell phones.
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $110,000. The range is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.