Chief of Staff
People & HR, Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit.
We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of close to 1M+ person community. We’re proud to be a Certified B Corp - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health.
Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
The Chief of Staff role is an incredible opportunity to work side-by-side with Blueland’s CEO & Co-Founder to help drive the Company’s overall strategy and execution. This is a hybrid position that requires some in-office days every week. We are looking for a mission-driven, well-rounded, self-motivator who can move seamlessly between analytical and qualitative tasks, is emotionally intelligent, enjoys being challenged and eager to play a critical role in Blueland’s next phase of growth. This candidate should be able to think critically, focusing on immediate initiatives while problem solving in real time. It will be necessary to champion a “go further together” mentality and style, working extremely well across all of Blueland’s functional teams. This role reports to the CEO.
- Be a trusted advisor to the CEO and leadership team, providing strategic support and facilitating cross-functional collaboration
- Help manage and execute company-wide initiatives that align to the Company’s goals and objectives
- Drive operational excellence by identifying inefficiencies and implementing improved processes, including OKRs
- Develop a deep understanding of the CEO/Company’s priorities and mission so that you can effectively represent her, including taking her place in meetings, drafting correspondence, preparing internal and external presentations, company communications, etc.
- Be prepared to act as the voice of the CEO with functional leads, the team at large and external partners
- Be well versed in the Company’s financials and key metrics in order to provide thoughtful insights to the CEO and leadership team
- Take on special projects that fall between departments and/or require cross-functional project management
- Maximize the CEO’s time, including seeking opportunities to streamline her meetings/calendar, scheduling meetings, planning travel, and coordinating with COO/Co-Founder and other stakeholders
- Passionate about the environment, sustainability and Blueland’s mission
- 3+ years of experience in a senior-level administrative or executive support role with a working knowledge within the CPG industry; startup & direct-to-consumer experience preferred
- Strong understanding of business operations, strategic planning, and project management
- Demonstrated proficiency in corporate finance and the ability to leverage financial data to glean insights and trends
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strategic, professional, and energized by doing the work everyone else thinks is impossible
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to quickly change perspectives
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Willingness to think outside the box in order to deliver support to the Founders and Team Leads
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- A desire and humility to always improve, learn and grow
- Advanced proficiency with Google Slides, Powerpoint and Excel is required. Experience with Slack, Google Suite, Asana, and Notion is preferred
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $135,000 per year.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to salary compensation, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for full time roles include: health benefits, stock options, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid civic engagement days, paid parental leave, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipends, remote work reimbursements, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.