Senior Shopper Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 9, 2023
Blueland is revolutionizing conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate the need for single-use plastic packaging, while prioritizing the planet and people. We believe that we should be able to have a clean home without sacrificing a clean planet and that sustainable choices should be effective, convenient, and affordable. We also believe that businesses need to be reconstructed to consider all stakeholders, not just profit.
We are a science-driven company with a pipeline of proprietary products that started with our cleaning sprays and hand soap (we hold over 40 patents and patents pending worldwide). To date, we’ve already helped divert more than 1 billion single-use plastic bottles from landfills and waterways. We were the 2nd fastest growing direct-to-consumer in 2020, and have built an engaged, passionate community of close to 1M+ person community. We’re proud to be a Certified B Corp - recognized for meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. We’re also Climate Neutral Certified along with many other certifications that help hold us accountable on our commitments to optimize our products for environmental and human health.
Blueland was featured on the Season 11 premiere of Shark Tank, securing an investment by Kevin O’Leary. Blueland is well-funded by top tier venture capital firms as well as notable investors including Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Timberlake and founders of Sweetgreen, Thrive Market, Honest Company, Rent the Runway, and Bonobos. We’ve been featured across top tier outlets such as the New York Times, Fast Company, TechCrunch, VOGUE, Wall Street Journal, Inc., and more.
We are looking for our first Senior Shopper Marketing Manager to own and execute in-store and online customer marketing programs for various Retailer accounts to ensure the best ROI, reach sales targets, and raise brand awareness. This is an exciting opportunity to help change the landscape of Home Essentials and Personal Care on retail shelves, making it easy for people to make sustainable choices with Blueland’s innovative products that prioritize people and planet. This candidate will work cross-functionally with Retail, Creative, Brand and Growth Marketing teams to ensure in-store and 3P eCommerce initiatives align to Blueland’s brand, mission and overarching strategy as well as to ensure learnings and knowledge are proactively shared across functions and channels. The Senior Shopper Marketing Manager has a proven track record of understanding shopper insights and successfully launching data-driven marketing campaigns to enhance our retail expansion. This role reports to the VP of Retail.
- Design and execute end-to-end shopper marketing campaigns that seamlessly integrate online and offline touchpoints. Collaborate with Brand, Creative, and Growth Marketing teams to ensure consistent messaging and a unified brand experience across all channels
- Develop and spearhead the planning, execution, and optimization of world-class integrated Shopper Marketing Plans at BJs, Costco, Kroger, Target, Thrive and other retailers for all Blueland products; this will drive category growth, promote cross-category conversion, amplify brand awareness, and be profitable for both Retailers and Blueland
- Provide strategy and thought leadership around digital activation and consumer engagement
- Partner closely with Brand Marketing Manager to execute campaigns that align with Blueland’s brand vision and strategy
- Responsible for a select number of SM field based programs from start to finish including annual planning, writing agency briefs, customer presentations, overall agency guidance, creative reviews and program evaluation
- Maintain timely flow of reports, program evaluations, proposals and project estimates. Provide point-of-view on appropriate spending against retailer initiated marketing initiatives
- Develop strong relationships with key marketing contacts to deliver against brand/portfolio objectives
- Be the point of contact from the Retail team for Brand and Creative to collaborate closely on product development, retail design, and packaging creation
- Develop programming for Costco.com/PDP and Costco Demos and Roadshows. Lead all logistics for in-store activations and coordinate schedules for Brand Ambassadors
- Manage all retailer digital marketing campaigns with accounts’ marketing teams and advertising groups, including Roundel, Criteo, Citrus Ads, Instacart, Shopify, etc.
- Leverage data and insights to build shopper programs through tactics including loyalty, couponing, and shopper media to diversify our digital retail presence
- Attend retail trade shows and brand marketing events as needed
- Passionate about the environment, sustainability and Blueland’s mission
- 5+ years of experience in shopper marketing (on premise or off premise), with a track record of developing and executing successful programs in a retail environment
- Working knowledge within the CPG industry, retail channels and account specific marketing required; startup & direct-to-consumer experience preferred
- Strong communication skills, organizational expertise, and attention to detail to cultivate collaborative, positive relationships
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and draw actionable insights
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts and win support with both internal and external stakeholders
- Fundamental understanding of 360 shopper marketing tactics, promo calendars, category resets, new item launches, off-shelf features, and the ability to synthesize sales data (SPINs, IRI, Neilsen)
- A desire and humility to always improve, learn and grow
- Advanced proficiency with Google Slides, Powerpoint and Excel is required. Experience with Slack, Google Suite, Asana, and Notion is preferred
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $135,000 per year.
We prioritize our planet and our people. In addition to salary compensation, we offer various other benefits to ensure our team members can be their best self, both in and outside of work. Benefits for full time roles include: health benefits, stock options, generous paid time off, paid holidays, paid civic engagement days, paid parental leave, 401k (employee contribution), professional development stipends, remote work reimbursements, various discounts to like-minded companies and more.
At Blueland we believe in order to build a better future and planet, we must advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion. We are proud to have assembled a diverse team and strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification.