Driver (Class-B) / Warehouse Materials Coordinator
So Good So You
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 28, 2023
This hybrid position of Class B Driver & Warehouse Materials Coordinator is a combination of driving and dock/Warehouse work. Local pickup and deliveries consist of picking up products and supplies at external warehouses and delivering freight back to the manufacturing plant (with Straight Truck) throughout the day. This position is also responsible for various warehouse tasks and provides services to support the plant's production goals and objectives as directed.
So Good So You Values
At So Good So You, it is our mission to care for our body and the planet. We also believe that work should be enjoyable. We have a fun and high-performing environment rooted in doing more good together, celebrating curiosity, and focusing on what matters. This value set is the secret behind our incredible growth, amazing team, and why the future looks even better.
What You'll Do
- Drives tandem straight truck locally for transfers to and from the manufacturing plant and external warehouses.
- Unloads, receives, inspects, and stages raw materials, scrap, packaging materials, chemicals, and other supplies.
- Removes finished products from the production areas ensuring proper identification, banding, and labeling to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies in assigned areas.
- Ensures finished goods are properly documented for shipment.
- Stages and loads finished goods and materials in accordance with warehouse and production planning schedule.
- Operates forklift during routine performance of duties.
- Communicates to management any machine malfunctions.
- Performs record-keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Communicates pertinent information to the next shift.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies, and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Supports and follows the guidelines of the food safety system.
Who You Are
- High School Diploma or Education Equivalency Required
- Hold a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License, with air brakes endorsement
- Must have 1 year of verifiable CDL B experience
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and physical
- Ability to pass an approved forklift test.
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be able to lift, push, pull 65 pounds with no assistance
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct
- Must be tech-savvy; comfortable using company email and internal messaging systems, file shares and basic troubleshooting
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Manufacturing – Work is performed in a manufacturing plant. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
- Team Members are regularly exposed to cold temperatures and damp conditions when performing tasks
- The Team Member will frequently have to walk and stand.
- The Team Member should have the ability to regularly lift up to 55lbs, and be able to push and pull up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations above 4 feet
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Team Member is occasionally exposed to risk of wet work conditions and exposed to cold temperatures. The Team Member is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – Personal protective equipment is required depending on the job being performed, including protective eyewear, or face shields, hearing protection, hair and beard nets, uniforms and footwear. Additional equipment is required when working with chemicals, such as rubber gloves and use of chemical proof aprons as appropriate for the job being performed.
About So Good So You
So Good So You is a leading brand and manufacturer of premium plant-based functional beverages in the exciting natural & better-for-you food and beverage industry. Founded in 2014 in Minneapolis, we were recently featured as the top 20% of Inc’s Fast 5000 – the fastest-growing privately-held companies in the US. So Good So You’s industry-leading premium probiotic juice shots are carried in over 14,000 locations in all 50 states throughout the US. As a mission-driven brand that does all things For the Love of Body and Planet ™, we strive for diversity and inclusion. As a majority female-owned business, we advocate for social justice and closing the opportunity-gap within our minority communities. Our current workforce is 74% female and 46% BIPOC and we actively seek to hire and support the career growth of minority, BIPOC and diversity candidates.
For the Love of Body and Planet ™
Our company believes that we are So Good, Together™ and strives to inspire an active lifestyle that is in harmony with the environment – that starts with embracing a lifestyle based predominantly on plant-based foods, reducing our waste and being conscious of our carbon footprint. We operate a renewable energy-powered Zero Waste manufacturing facility. We believe in the power of community – surrounding yourself with healthy, happy people exponentially increases your chances of being healthy and happy too! We are following our passions and are committed to supporting our community – our team members, families, friends and customers – to find and follow their own passions!
Property of So Good Brand Inc.