Senior Manager, UX - Research (Hybrid)
Sol de Janeiro
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our purpose is to embolden a movement of self-celebration and joy through the power and the warmth of Brazilian spirit. This brand philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category junkies, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.
Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe.
We are looking for a UX leader who is a visual storyteller, has a strong grasp of business goals, user needs, and site experience insights to understand UX problems, and can translate them into engaging, intuitive, and on-brand solutions. The ideal candidate has a passion for emerging technology and strong experience partnering with multi-disciplinary teams.
The position will report to Associate Director, E-Commerce Merchandising.
- Deliver and own our UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time
- Partner with our site team and developers to deliver high performing quality customer experiences that are engaging, purposeful and ladders up to DTC business goals
- Drive strategy and priorities through behavioral reporting, user and site experience research that informs strategic technology and A/B testing
- Create and execute research plans across qualitative and quantitative user research and analyze findings across the product and customer lifecycle to articulate human-centered problems
- Support traffic acquisition, merchandising and content engagement on soldejaneiro.com by identifying user pain points and present creative solutions through the presentation of user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity designs, and prototypes.
- Present insights to relevant stakeholders in a digestible format
- Benchmark ideas and proposals against other web sites or recent studies
- Partner with business stakeholder, Developer, Information Technology, and third-party app teams to implement design changes or new technology on site
- Responsible for socialization of UX research and the design process
- Be the team expert on emerging technology landscape
- Manage accessibility compliance and on-going certification
- Be the voice of the customer
- 7+ years of experience in UX
- 2-3 years of experience managing a team
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule (remote & in our New York City office, as needed).
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite; Figma or Sketch; Invision, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Demonstrated experience working with Shopify
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to build user interface mockups and prototypes
- Ability to strategically present UX work holistically
- In-depth knowledge of user journeys, design principles, user research tools and methodologies
- Champion of new ideas
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working a hybrid schedule (remote & in our New York City Office)
- Experience in Beauty industry a plus
- Project management within JIRA preferred
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with the possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
The information contained herein is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, as these may change or new ones may be assigned at any time.
Sol de Janeiro is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Something looks off?