Senior Manager, Amazon Operations - Global
Sol de Janeiro
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our brand purpose is to spark endless self-celebration and joy through the power and warmth of the Brazilian spirit. This philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category obsessed, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe. The position will report to the Director of Amazon E-Commerce Overall Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and leading Amazon's U.S. and UK 3PL operations and logistics
- Working closely with various cross functional teams, including production and sales
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our Logistics, Customer Service and Special Projects and ensure the timely, accurate, and efficient receipt of all shipments, while also ensuring that distribution strategy evolves with our growth and product offering and that our carrier and supplier base, processes, and systems scale to meet business needs
- Utilize comprehensive/in-depth understanding of customer requirements and focus on high leverage opportunities to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Create solid relationships with our internal teams and external retail partners
- Develop KPI dashboards for logistics and warehousing. Monitor fulfillment times, receiving times, and other 3PL and carrier KPIs to ensure 3PL partners are meeting or exceeding SLAs
- Implement appropriate inventory controls and ensure accurate inventory data across all systems
- Develop strategic plans to improve the productivity, quality, and efficiency of shipping and warehouse operations while maintaining excellent customer experience
- Develop strong partnership with global 3PL and logistics providers to ensure implementation of strategy
- Develop and improve the E-Commerce Supply Chain/Warehouse capabilities to support our Amazon strategy
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, manage budget and cost management
- Drive continuous improvement and manage a team of Operations professionals to achieve service levels
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and cross functional collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity and participate in identifying Amazons future distribution model
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 5+ years of work experience in Operations with an emphasis on E-Commerce warehousing and logistics
- Experience working with Amazon in an operational capacity is strongly preferred.
- Experience within the fragrance, beauty industry preferred
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including warehousing and logistics, customer service, and employee management
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to problem solve through unexpected situations.
- Detail oriented with the ability to set up standard procedures/industry best practices for meeting Company deliverables.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to act with tact, discretion and diplomacy, and transparency.
- A proactive team player who thrives in a goal-oriented, dynamic, ever-changing, fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and web-based applications. Ability to learn to work with new software and hardware.
- Knowledge of ERP principles and software.
- Experience working as a 3PL (preferred) and experience identifying appropriate distribution and warehousing models
- Solid understanding of best practices in supply planning, inventory management, warehousing, distribution, logistics and E-Commerce