Field Sales and Training, Account Executive (Washington DC / Baltimore)
Sol de Janeiro
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our purpose is to embolden a movement of self-celebration and joy through the power and the warmth of Brazilian spirit. This brand philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category junkies, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe.Sol De Janeiro is looking for an experienced Sales and Training Account Executive to join the sales team. This candidate will be responsible for building brand awareness, driving sales and delivering best-in-class customer service. Our Sales and Training Executive will work closely with the Director of Field Sales and Training and Global Education Director, as well as retail partners to maximize consumer-facing initiatives and drive strategic in-store programs, events and education.The position will report to the Director of Field Sales and Training. Responsibilities:Retail Sales Performance:
- Establish a focus door list based on sales goals and current performance monthly.
- Plan seasonal call cycle with input from manager to accommodate both sales volume and geographic factors.
- Develop seasonal plans with retailer partners to achieve retail sales goals through planning support, events, and training schedules and participation in training and strategy meetings.
- Establish and develop strong relationships from store leadership to store-level employees.
- Quarterly comprehensive business review with elevated leadership to include RM.
- Evaluate inventory levels for products when conducting store visits and communicate needs based on account specifications.
- Constantly evaluate sales results and revise strategy based on successes and challenges.
- Support and maintain visual merchandising updates and needs based on merchandising guidelines and retail Plan-o-gram. (POG)
- Provide consistent feedback from store visits and training.
- Responsible and accountable for strategic T&E budget decisions and overall compliance.
- Manage and develop Beauty Advisors to become brand experts and advocates.
- Conduct on-going training on new and existing products based on call cycles. Training formats include formalized off-the-floor sessions where possible as well as on-floor Brand Focus Day trainings.
- Develop strong relationships with all district and store level leadership within the assigned territory.
- Schedule to be completed 1-2 months in advance.
- Schedule and conduct events in stores
- Maintain a track record of all event execution within your territory.
- Plan and execute In-store events which will include single branded events, multi-branded events, and FSC Events.
- Bachelor's degree desirable but not required. Some college or equivalent (such as Esthetician license) is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in skincare/hair and body field sales or account coordination roles, with experience in product training and sales.
- Should be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have experience working with Sephora.
- Have a valid driver's license and be able to easily commute within territory and willing to travel out of the area for events or meetings.
- Should have an energetic, positive and service-oriented personality and be skilled at relationship-building.
- Should be passionate about skincare, body and hair products, and implementing brand education and training initiatives.
- Must be focused, show excellent attention to detail and demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to their work.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for up to 8 hours a day, with breaks.
- Spends at least 80% of time in the field/in store.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Must be able to work Saturdays and at least 2 Sundays a month.