Director, Global Regulatory Affairs
Sol de Janeiro
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our purpose is to embolden a movement of self-celebration and joy through the power and the warmth of Brazilian spirit. This brand philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category junkies, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe.This role will lead the Global Regulatory Affairs department and create and maintain the infrastructure and capabilities required to propel the hypergrowth and rapid global expansion of the brand. Someone who loves the complexity and detail orientation of global regulatory, thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys managing a team, and excels in a passionate, collaborative culture would be successful in this role.The position will report to VP, R&D and Regulatory Affairs. Overall Responsibilities:
- Regulatory Program Management
- Responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of the company's global regulatory affairs department and strategy.
- Acts as primary interface for global regulatory affairs and provides guidance for various departments.
- Directs all activities required for domestic and international compliance and registration to open and maintain market access.
- Monitors global regulations impacting the cosmetic industry and communicates/advises on regulatory activities that impact the portfolio.
- Partners with internal teams to ensure that all necessary regulatory updates are implemented for global compliance.
- Regulatory Team Management
- Manages Global Regulatory Affairs team to achieve annual and long-term goals and objectives.
- Oversees direct reports and establishes work plans, development plans, and goals.
- Performs quarterly and annual reviews.
- Regulatory Operations
- Responsible for managing assigned budgets.
- Defines and manages the information systems, databases, records, and system integrations to support global regulatory efforts.
- Supports project management with regulatory aspects of active projects.
- Acts as a liaison with corporate regulatory affairs at the enterprise level.
- Other duties as assigned, according to the changing needs of the business.
- 10+ years of managerial/leadership experience in global regulatory affairs in the cosmetics industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field, graduate degree a plus.
- Experience navigating OTC product regulations in US/EU/AUS/CAN.
- Track record of executing cosmetic regulatory requirements in global markets.
- Established team leadership skills and commitment to organizational and talent development.
- Ability to balance regulatory requirements with support for the organization's growth agenda.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative and problem solves to achieve results.
- Demonstrated organizational agility - effective in working both independently and as part of a team with diverse groups of people at various levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to deliver results on time and with excellence.