Strategic Business Analyst
Sol de Janeiro
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our brand purpose is to spark endless self-celebration and joy through the power and warmth of the Brazilian spirit. This philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category obsessed, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe. The position will report to: GM, Americas with strong partnership across Americas Leadership team.Sol de Janeiro is seeking a Strategic Business Analyst to join our growing team. This role will set the standard for Sol de Janeiro's strategic analysis. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strategic, analytical mind and an entrepreneurial mindset to contribute to business decisions and planning. If you love to dig into data, get excited about finding actionable insights and growth opportunities and are a strong communicator to share these insights, this could be the role for you. RESPONSIBILITIES: Conduct analyses of Sol's Omni-channel business and market to identify growth opportunities, focused on the Americas region.
- Monitor, analyze and report on performance and trends of the Sol de Janeiro business, its competitors and the beauty landscape
- Deep dive into strategic topics to identify growth opportunities
- Pro-actively identify areas to research in order to uncover important insights to drive the business
- Communicate findings clearly and concisely to management and across the organization
- Develop reports/dashboards for stakeholders that are simple and effective across multiple facets of the business to track progress against plans
- Assist in assortment planning
- Assess and forecast growth areas
- Help evaluate investments, analyzing & assessing impact
- Maintain and update long term plan projections and building blocks
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional Excel & systems prowess
- Can be strategic. Balances attention to detail with understanding of the big picture
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Likes a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through ability
- An entrepreneurial spirit and eagerness to learn. Takes initiative, is curious, willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- 3+ years in an analytical function, eg Finance, Consulting, Sales Planning, Business Intelligence
- College graduate
- Must be able to work a hybrid schedule (remote & 1-3 days / week in our New York City office).