Finance Manager, Costing and Supply Chain
Sol de Janeiro
Launched in 2015, SOL DE JANEIRO is an award-winning, fast-growing premium global lifestyle beauty brand inspired by the beauty rituals and attitude of the beaches of Rio. Our brand purpose is to spark endless self-celebration and joy through the power and warmth of the Brazilian spirit. This philosophy extends from our products to our corporate culture. We are leaders, permanently inquisitive, category obsessed, incredibly diverse, self-demanding, true team players, and we are all Brazilian in Spirit.
Headquartered in New York and launched as a digitally native brand, we now have teams in Rio, Paris, London and Italy supporting the expansion across the globe.
As Sol de Janeiro is rapidly growing and expanding, we are looking for a Finance Manager to support managing Sol de Janeiro outstanding growth. The role reports directly to the Global Director of Finance with the goal of improving visibility of performance- in the areas of costing and supply chain.
- The Finance Manager will collaborate with departments (Supply Chain, Procurement, FP&A, Accounting) and the Group at L’Occitane to provide better tracking and insights in gross margin and pricing.
- The Finance Manager will implement new strategies around calculating cost of goods.
- The Finance Manager will participate in the implementation of the ERP system.
- The Finance Manager will participate in development of KPIs on Gross Margin and Inventory
- By partnering with various aspects of the business, the Finance Manager will work on projects and strategic initiatives in the Finance Supply chain area.
- Analyze actuals in supply chain related costs such as product costs, warehouse, freight in/out, comparing with budget and LY for all markets.
- Conduct gross margin analysis by SKU to visualize the impact of price increase, cost saving and changes of transportation costs, etc.
- Provide variance analysis by standard costing concept and identify the opportunity area from actual results.
- Validate monthly closings data in supply chain and propose the necessary adjustment and accruals. Assist with journal entries in monthly closings relating to supply chain area.
- Create procurement saving tracking by collaborating with various business partners (within Sol de Janeiro and L’Occitane).
- Manage various projects and participate in strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with departments (Supply Chain, Procurement, FP&A, Accounting) and the Group at L’Occitane to provide better tracking and insights around gross margin and pricing.
- Work closely with 3rd party partners to improve standard costing process and analytics.
- Partner with Data team to develop margin and other reporting in BI tool.
- Implement new strategies around calculating cost of goods.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in finance/business analysis
- Experience in a CPG company with an understanding of supply chain process
- Experience with financial systems: ERP (SAP, NetSuite or similar),
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify critical concerns and prioritize; problem-solving/ solution finder abilities.
- Pro-active: ability to handle a multitude of projects and issues at one time
- Team player: ability to interact with all levels within an organization.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Interest in learning and ability to integrate information to identify the implications of macro trends for the business.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing time sensitive deliverables.
In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with the possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results.
The information contained herein is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, as these may change or new ones may be assigned at any time.
Sol de Janeiro is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.